Friday, December 5, 2008

Thing #17

I look at the Jamestown Elementary School Podcasts. I have made podcasts in my classroom before. What I did like about the podcast was the students went to Kidpix and made pictures to go along with their podcast and mad them into a slideshow. That is one thing I would like to incorporate into my classroom. Another thing I would like to use podcasting for is to measure fluency. I think this would be a great way for students to hear themselves and how they change throughout the year.
I have subscribed to a podcast through my church and listen to the sermon if I miss it or if I just want to hear it again. Tim Rysinski also has a podcast on building fluency. It is a great way to learn new as an adult and students who need a different way to learn can also listen to a book a teacher read on a podcast. If you had the time to record lessons for those who were absent would be great also.

No comments: