Saturday, December 6, 2008

Thing #20

I am very interested in Google Docs. I am covered up with paper work and documentation. What a way to simplify my life by putting all of these things online. My first thought as I explored the Google Docs was of coarse with all of the data and documentation I have with TAKS. Right now we are in the crunch of getting our students plugged into acceleration groups and making sure each group is just right. AAAAhhh! I have already lost my documentation from our first grade level meeting where we placed each student where we thought they needed to be. So I made a new list and now I put it on google.docs in a spreadsheet so that I can share it with my colleagues and principal. Then after the next benchmark we will revise the list depending on how the students perform.
I played with google.maps and typed in Northpark Mall, thinking I might venture out this afternoon. How cool, you can see the traffic and I think I will stay home.:)
I think I will use the Google Maps in the classroom when we read Flat Stanley and send him on different adventures. We can then look up where Flat Stanley visits. Yea for MISD unblocking Google!

No comments: